The Eastern Himalayas extend from eastern Nepal across northeastern India, Bhutan, the Tibet Autonomous Region to Yunnan in China and northern Myanmar. The climate of this region is influenced by the monsoon of South Asia from June to September. The Himalayas is the highest mountain range in the world, and has 9 out of 10 of the world’s highest peaks, including Mount Everest. These mountains, referred to as the Third Pole, are the source of some of Asia’s major rivers and also help to regulate our planet’s climate. For centuries people here have developed a unique culture that weaves nature and people together into the same fabric of life.
Arrive Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri | Drive to Darjeeling (90 Kms / approx. 03 hours)
Welcome to Eastern Himalayas Tour. On arrival at Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, drive to Darjeeling. Once the summer capital of India, Darjeeling is a land of infinite variety and charm. It will cater you a mix-experience of lively nature & charming Himalayan people. It is the place of Dorje, the mystic thunderbolt of the Lama-Religion. Surrounded by Tea gardens; this little town faces some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas. On arrival check- in to your hotel. Overnight stay in Hotel
Early morning start for Tiger Hill to watch the spectacular sunrise and its amazing effects on the Mt. Kanchendzonga (World’s 3rd highest peak), Visit Ghoom Monastery and Batashia Loop War Memorial while returning to the Hotel. Breakfast at the Hotel followed by half day local Best points sightseeing covering Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Closed on Thursday), Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (Closed on Sunday), Ropeway (entry fees not included), walk around visit to the Mall and Local Market (Closed on Thursday). Overnight stay in Hotel
Drive to Gangtok (105 Kms / approx. 04 hours)
Morning drive to Gangtok, at an altitude of 5500ft Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim is a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes. On arrival check-in to your hotel. Evening free for individual activity and leisure. Overnight stay in Hotel
Excursion to Tsomgo Lake
Early morning start for a half day trip to Tsomgo lake (12400ft), which is only 32 kms from Gangtok City, the lake is almost about 01 Km long, oval in shape and 15 mtrs deep. The lake is considered sacred by the local people, Evening back to Gangtok for shopping and individual activity. Overnight stay in Hotel
Drive to Kalimpong (80 Kms / approx. 02 hours)
Morning after breakfast drive to Kalimpong. On arrival check-in to your hotel. Later half day local Sightseeing of Kalimpong City, covering Zong Dog Plair Fo- Brong Monastery (Durpin Dara Monastery) Flower & Orchid Nurseries, Dello Hill. Overnight stay in Hotel
DAY DEPART TO NEW JALPAIGURI / BAGDOGRA (75 KMS / APPROX. 03 HOURS)
Depart to New Jalpaiguri / Bagdogra (75 Kms / approx. 03 hours)
Today you will be transferred to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport for your onward journey as your tour comes to an end with sweet memories TOUR ENDS
- Accommodation as per plan.
- Meals plan as per package.
- All inter transfer & sightseeing as per Itinerary by suitable vehicle
- PLS. NOTE THAT VEHICLE WILL NOT BE ON DISPOSAL. IT WILL BE PROVIDED AS PER ITINERARY AND POINT TO POINT BASIS
- All parking and permit charges.
- Assistance on arrival.
- Airfare, Train Fare, Insurance Premium etc.
- Entry Fee to Any Monument, Park, Museum, Monastery or any other visiting places not mentioned in itinerary
- Payment for service provided on personal basis
- Expenses incurred due to mishap, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such cases extra will be charged as per actual
- Cost for services which is not mentioned in “Inclusions”
- Personal expenses on items such as Laundry, Soft & Hard Drinks, Bottle Water, Incidentals, Porterage, and Bell-Boy charges, Tips etc. Government Service Tax as applicable on the above rates